Autumn is here, and that means Pumpkins season has just begun!! YAY! Who doesn’t love pumpkins? And who doesn’t love pumpkin spice? And who doesn’t love a cosy and chill day at home watching TV and eating muffins? Well, if you love all of these, these Pumpkin Spice Muffins are what you’re looking for!
Hey babes, how are you all? So, I live in Switzerland, and that means that summer is almost over (I WANNA CRY) and Autumn is coming (I WANNA CRY, again)!! I absolutely hate the cold seasons, as in Switzerland it can be really cold!! But, I can see a positive point on Autumn tho, and it is Pumpkin Spice Muffins season!!
I am a super fan of pumpkin and everything that is pumpkin spiced… SO I have in mind a lot of pumpkin spiced recipes for y’all, and today it’s time for some: pumpkin spice muffins!!
Don’t forget to tag me (@aprylfranchini) if you remake my recipes!
Pumpkin Spice Muffins:
- 2 flex eggs (2 tbsp flex meal + 5 tbsp water)
- 2 tbsp apple puree
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (I simply boiled some pumpkin and smashed it into pure)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp baking powder
- sea salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice *
- more cinnamon because it’s just too good 🙂
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 3/4 oats
- 1 cup banana flour (made from green, unripe bananas)
- OPTIONAL: you may need to add some water, it depends on the texture of your pumpkin and apple pure, as well as the flour. I had to add a little bit less than 1/2 cup
* I don’t have pumpkin spice, so I made my own by mixing grounded cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg
(optional, but highly recommended)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 4 tbsp almond meal
- 3 tbsp pepitas
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Mix the ingredient for the flax eggs and let sit for 2 to 5 minutes .
- In the mean time take a large mixing bowl and add apple puree, pumpkin puree, sugar, maple syrup. Mix together.
- Add in the fall eggs. Give it a mix and than add baking powder, salt and all the spices.
- Whisk the mixture and then add almond meal, oats and banana flour. If you feel like you need to add some water you can add it now. The mixture should be very thick but still sticky and wet.
- Put the mixture into your muffin baking tray.
- Combine all the ingredient for the topping and spread the crumble on top of each muffin.
- Put the baking tray in the oven for 20-30 minutes. The muffins should be golden brown pretty crunchy on the top, but very soft on the inside.
- Once ready, remove them form the oven and let them cool.
- Now the best part, sit down and enjoy one (or more) pumpkin spice muffin! 🙂
I got majority of my ingredients from: https://www.migros.ch/de.html *not sponsored*